Uzodimman Iweala took to his Instagram to share a ‘silly’ selfie which their parents, former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Dr. Ikemba Iweala sent to him and his siblings.
“My mother sent this to me and my siblings the other day in an email with the title “grey love.” She and my father took a selfie on the deck at the house we grew up in, a house that saw four kids thunder across its floors and up and down its steps, and countless Christmases, and so many celebrations. There were also tragedies and tears. Once a dog lived in this house and they loved him a lot too. My parents sacrificed so much for us to have the opportunity that we enjoy. Many people with kids devote so much of their energy to the children and to working to support those children, often putting their own relationship second. These children bring them joy and also trouble. We reward them with our successes and keep them ever preoccupied with our safety and wellbeing long after we have left the havens they have built or tried to build for us. My parents are no different. But it is also amazing to see how when the house has gone quiet and the noise has subsided, they can turn to each other after 37 years of marriage and amuse themselves with a morning of taking silly selfies that amuse their now grown children. It makes me happy.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 7 Nigerian celebrities and the breathtaking houses they live in (With Pictures)
- 15 Celebrities you forgot had passed away (With Pictures)
- The 7 beautiful and famous women D’Banj has slept with (With Pictures)
- If you ever get married to any of these 8 types of people, you will surely end up getting a divorce.. Be Warned!
- Mother-Daughter Duos: Top celebrity mums and their pretty daughters
- 5 Men Genevieve Nanji has slept with – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- The 10 popular Nollywood actresses that have married more than one husband (+Pics)
- Top 10 most influential Nigerian musicians in 2016 – See who’s number 1 now! (With Pictures)
- 20 photos of Nigerian female celebs with and without makeup on – You need to see their real looks!
- 20 photos of Nigerian female celebrities before all that fame – You will be surprised to see this!