Gov Fayose declares war against Fulani herdsmen – Governor Ayodele Fayose has instructed his people to poison water with a particular brand of chemical used against fungal attacks in the event of any herdsmen attack in Ekiti – The governor says the time has come for Nigerians to defend themselves in the face of unwarranted attacks and killings by suspected herdsmen across the country
- 14 Shocking photos that prove Kim Kardashian’s butt is completely fake
- 14 lucrative business ideas in Nigeria that will make you rich fast
- Top Nigerian celebrities and their luxury cars – See who has the most expensive! (+Pics)
- 20 Memorable dates to remember in Tiwa Savage & TeeBillz’ marriage (With Pictures)
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has warned herdsmen to steer clear of his state or otherwise risk death to their cattle through poisoning.
The governor who gave the warning on Tuesday, May 3, at the World Press Freedom Day organised by the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Oyo State Council in Ibadan, said he had instructed his people to poison water with a particular brand of chemical used against fungal attacks in the event of any herdsmen attack in Ekiti, Tribune reports.
Speaking on backdrop of herdsmen attacks in Benue and Enugu states, Fayose said the time had come for Nigerians to defend themselves in the face of unwarranted attacks and killings by suspected herdsmen across the country.
The governor said Boko Haram appeared to have changed its identity to herdsmen, unleashing terror on innocent citizens of the country,
“It seems Boko Haram has changed identity to herdsmen now. You as journalists must speak out, the killings are under reported. Is it about the mass burial in Kaduna State, the Agatu saga or the recent killing which happened on Monday? Ask questions,” he said.
Also at the event, Fayose said he has a grandfather-like realtionship with President Muhammadu Buhari and denied any hatred towards him.
Explaining his persistent criticism of the Buhari-led administration, the governor said that it is a necessary measure to ensure economic and political development in the country.
He stressed that “being his grandfather” does not mean he would allow the president to go in the wrong direction and let the ship of the nation to drift away dangerously to perdition.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 44 Countries Nigerian passport holders can visit without a Visa
- 27 Celebrities that have killed people – You will be shocked seeing this list! (+Photos)
- 15 Everyday things you didn’t know affect a man’s performance in bed
- Top 10 richest Nigerian actors – #5 & #4 will shock you (+Photos)
- The 15 hottest mums in Nigeria entertainment industry – #1 is a banger! (With Pics)
- 10 English sentences that can make you appear as a ‘Quarter-Baked’ graduate
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already..
- Actress Mercy Aigbe reacts to Teebillz and Tiwa Savage’s marriage saga – See what she has to say!
- 11 A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men (With Pictures)
- The Managing Director of Pepsi speaks about terminating Tiwa Savage’s contract