ESSENTIAL things to discuss with your fiance – Don’t walk down that aisle before making sure you’re on the same page. It seems not a day goes by without hearing about escalating separation rates or yet another heartbreaking marriage breakdown. With so many stories of doom and gloom, it’s little wonder that many couples fear the dreaded “D word”: Divorce.
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- Forbes releases top 10 richest African musicians – Number 2 will shock you! (+Pics)
- The 20 richest Nigerian actresses & how much they have in bank account
- The 8 celebrity husband snatchers in Nigeria – See how they stole other women’s husbands
A healthy and happy relationship is dependent on building a strong foundation of mutual respect, openness and meaningful engagement. One effective way to set yourselves up for a long-lasting marriage is to talk honestly (and explicitly!) about your finances with your partner.
Although many marriages can deteriorate from intimacy issues, cheating, losing your identity, or poor communication, couples also commonly split due to a lack of compatibility in the financial area. For instance, if one person spends money and the other saves, this can become a problem over time.
Marriage experts unanimously agree that discussions about finances are non-negotiable for couples serious about starting their marriage on solid footing. But despite successive research and advice recommending soon-to-be-married couples to discuss their finances, it continues to be a topic many vehemently avoid.
Yes, discussing finances is never fun, but it’s something that can be a determining factor in the success of your marriage. Think about it: you’re sharing your life with this person; you can’t expect things to go smoothly if your finances are up in the air.
Perhaps you don’t even know where to begin? Or maybe you’ve skimmed over the topic due to its awkwardness. After all, who wants to discuss bank accounts when you’re trying to schedule dress fittings? Yes, it’s awkward and can be draining on your energy, but it’s necessary.
If you’re serious about “divorce-proofing” your marriage, there are essential issues you need to discuss with your fiancé such as prenuptial planning, personal assets, and budget management.
Check out this infographic that explains 12 financial issues you need to discuss with your partner, no excuses.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 14 Nigerian celebrities who were once trailed by Gay/Lesbian rumours (With Pictures)
- Yes, marital rape is real: How my husband raped me on our wedding night..
- 15 Shocking facts about “V*gina” that will keep you up all night – EVERY lady should see this!
- Top 10 Nigerian celebrities who were born rich but still hustle to make money for themselves (With Pictures)
- 11 celebrities associated with satan worshiping – This will shock many! (With Pictures)
- Exposed! See what actress Mercy Johnson is using to charm her husband (Photos)
- 10 of the youngest children sentenced to death – #1 will leave you in a big shock! (With Pictures)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities whose teenage daughters take after their Beauty – See their Kids (With Pictures)
- The seven sexiest daughters of African presidents – See who’s #1 (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities who hate themselves so badly – This will shock many! (+Photos)