A magnitude 6.1 earthquake struck central Italy early Wednesday, with reports of damaged buildings and blackouts near the epicenter Rieti and residents fleeing their homes and running into the streets.
The quake struck just after 3:30 a.m. and was felt across a broad section of central Italy, including the capital Rome where people in homes in the historic center felt a long swaying followed by aftershocks.
According to AP, the mayor of Amatrice near Rieti, Sergio Perozzi, told state-run RAI radio that there were downed buildings in the city center and that the lights had gone out. He said he was unable to get in touch with emergency responders or reach the hospital.
“What can I tell you? It’s a tragedy,”‘It’s a drama,The area is gone. There are people under the rubble, I fear there are deaths,” “Look there are houses that aren’t here anymore. I hope we get some help.
CLICK NOW to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 10 hottest Nigerian celebrity baby mamas (Photos)
- 5 fast and easy ways to get flat tummy in one week
- 12 unpleasant things about Beyonce EVERYONE needs to know (With Pictures)
- Top 7 confraternities in Nigeria and their history + beliefs (Must See)
- 7 Nigerian female celebrities who got married to men they snatched from other women – You’ll be surprised to see this! (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young (With Photos)
- 10 things virgins discover on their wedding night..
- Guys! 5 Ways to touch a woman’s breast and get her totally melt down
- 4 Nigerians who are Guinness world record breakers (With Pictures)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already..