Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has expressed regret and guilt at his side’s failure to beat shock champions Leicester City to last season’s Premier League title. Wenger’s side finished runners-up, 10 points adrift of Leicester, who were 5,000/1 outsiders for the title at one stage.
- Revealed: The real cause of Dagrin’s death – You need to see this (Look)
- The 10 most expensive cultures to marry from in Nigeria – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
- 7 women who you won’t believe actually exist (+Photos)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
For many fans of Arsenal, it was yet another missed opportunity under Wenger, who last guided the north London side to the Premier League crown back in 2004.
The veteran French manager, now expects the new season, which gets underway this weekend, to be one of the most competitive ever, with English football’s top flight playing host to a “world championship of managers” in Jose Mourinho (Manchester United), Pep Guardiola Manchester City, Antonio Conte (Chelsea) and Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool).
All the big clubs experienced last season a regret and a feeling of guilt but that would take something away from Leicester, who had an exceptional season.
“When you lose only three games in a season in a difficult league like that, you are a fantastic champion. There is guilt because you would not have predicted Leicester win the league, so all the other teams would say ‘We should have come in front of Leicester’.
You would understand you could lose against City, United, Liverpool or Tottenham — not Tottenham! (he joked in a reference to Arsenal’s arch local rivals) — the other big clubs, but you should beat Leicester.
“But they had an exceptional season and you have to congratulate them.” Looking ahead, Wenger continued: It’s a very exciting season, there are so many ambitions out there. It’s a little bit of a world championship of managers.
Let’s not be naive, the economic power of the Premier League attracts the best players and the best managers. If you want quality people, you have to pay the amount of money.Today the Premier League is the most powerful as well as the most attractive and maybe the most popular in the world.
Every manager thinks today, ‘If I want to be recognised as a top manager, I have to through the Premier League”, He concluded.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- How to make your vag*na smell better (Must See)
- 5 Nigerian celebrities and their alleged gay partners (With Pictures)
- How to know if she is a runs girl without even meeting her in person
- Meet the oldest spinsters in Nollywood and see why they have decided not to marry
- 31 wildest and exciting sex positions you probably never tried and need to (18+ With Pics)
- The 40 most expensive rappers in the world + See who’s #1 and their cost per show! (+Photos)
- Top 10 Nigerian Universities with the most beautiful girls (With Pictures)
- What? Actress Patience Ozokwor’s daughter raped in front of her?? (With Pictures)
- Meet the 20 richest Nigerian musicians as Davido tops Wizkid (+Photos)
- Check out Ini Edo husband’s first wife, she is so beautiful! + See what she sent to Ini (See Photos)