Wande Coal – Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe aka Wande Coal is one of Nigeria’s top singers. He was born on October 18, 1985 and today is his 31st birthday. The University of Lagos graduate started out as a church singer and got his big break when Mo’hits signed him in 2006.
- LADIES: Any man who doesn’t know these 6 things about you, will NEVER marry you!
- 9 Facts about blowjob that will blow your freaking mind!
- 12 Reasons why you shouldn’t buy the new iPhone 7 (With Pictures)
- LADIES: If you want to know the guy you’re dating is a husband material, as him these 4 questions!
Ever since then, we can’t seem to get enough of Wande Coal. His very black skin gave him the nickname black diamond and this is true because he is a rare treasure we value in Nigeria.
Similar to the US artist, The Weeknd, Wande Coal has a way of bringing people’s songs to life with his unique voice as well as releasing hit by himself that are catchy and all the rave.
1. He wrote one of the greatest Nigerian love songs, Ololufe.
Ololufe was from Wande Coal’s first ever album, Mushin 2 Mohits. It has rightly been termed one of Nigeria’s greatest love songs and we agree. His vocal range was showcased on that song and the mix of the English and Yoruba lyrics were perfect.
The song made us imagine our future love or appreciate people who loved us that much already and it is still a popular song at weddings. That album, Mushin 2 Mohits, alone was pure fire and gave us timeless hits like Bumper 2 Bumper, Taboo and Sey na like this.