England and Manchester United’s highest goal scorer and captain, Wayne Rooney, has finally rejected a mouthwatering move to the Chinese Super league that would have made him the highest earning footballer on earth with a staggering £1m per week salary.
Rooney who has been on the fringes of the first team this season, had uptill Tuesday next week to accept the offer from China and leave Man U, where he was no longer guaranteed first team football despite salary outlay of over £250,000 per week.
In a new statement released on Manchester United’s official website, the footballer revealed he is set to stay at Manchester United and fight for his place with the team. Read the statement after the cut.
“Despite the interest which has been shown from other clubs, for which I’m grateful, I want to end recent speculation and say that I am staying at Manchester United,” declared the Reds’ record goalscorer. “I hope I will play a full part in helping the team in its fight for success on four fronts. “It’s an exciting time at the club and I want to remain a part of it.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Nurses share heartbreaking stories of what happens to babies who survive abortions – This is so sad
- #BBNaija: Bassey goes nak*d while Debbie Rise watches him shower (Video)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- 10 valid reasons why you need to stop watching porn today – You will shocked after seeing #10
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- Top 10 African countries that have the strongest juju and witchcraft – #1 will surprise you big time!
- 11 most memorable celebrity wardrobe malfunction – Brace yourself for #7 & #10 (With Pictures)