1. Amy Winehouse
Praised for her blended style of soul, rhythm, blues and jazz, Winehouse became the first British female to win five Grammy Awards thanks to hits like “Rehab,’ “Back to Black” and “You Know I’m No Good” – all before the age of 25.
Turning heads in 2005 for more than just her voice, Winehouse worried fans when she arrived to red carpet events and concerts looking much thinner and exhausted.
In 2006 when Winehouse’s grandmother passed away, things only worsened. A year later, Winehouse canceled a majority of her tour dates in the UK and Europe and was later admitted to a hospital after overdosing on a combination of heroin, cocaine and alcohol. Admitting issues with self-harm and depression, the 2007 wake-up call went unnoticed as Winehouse was found dead just four years later on July 23, 2011 from alcohol poisoning.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Rare childhood photos of 27 Nigerian celebs you’ve never seen before – I bet you won’t stop laughing
- Nigerian celebs who are so rich but don’t flaunt their wealth on Social Media – #4 is the richest (With Pics)
- Nigerian celebs that really don’t like themselves but pretend to – #7 could “kill themselves” (With Photos)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities who became stars through reality shows – You’d be shocked to see #6 (With Pictures)
- The 10 best polytechnics in Nigeria for 2016/2017 session – #1 is gold! (With Photos)
- 10 facts about Olamide and why he is called ‘Baddo’ – #8 might make you hate him (With Photos)
- #BBNaija: Debie Rise, TTT, Efe and TBoss nominated for eviction – See what Marvis did to Debie.. Wow!