Dubai International Airport (DXB) on Wednesday said passengers in January record reached 8 million, 9.7 per cent higher compared to the same period of 2016, a news report said. Paul Griffiths, CEO of Dubai Airport, said it is an auspicious start to what is sure to be another record-breaking year for DXB.
He added that the January performance provided further impetus to the DXB Plus Programme, which would enhance service and boost capacity at DXB by applying technology to improved processes.
Eastern Europe remained the fastest-expanding market in terms of percentage growth (up 32.5 per cent), followed by Asia (gaining 26.4 per cent) and South America (18.6 per cent higher).
Earlier in January, Dubai tourism reported ample influx of Chinese travelers in late January who traveled to Dubai to spend the Chinese spring festivals in the sunny Gulf Arab emirate.
In 2016, Dubai international airport received record 83.6 million passengers, defending its position as the world’s busiest civil aviation hub in relation to international passengers for the third consecutive year.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- 10 most horrific plane crashes that shook the world – #2 happened right here in Nigeria (With Pics)
- Full Video: Bally sucks Ese’s breast #BBNaija
- The 20 most corrupt Nigerians dead or alive – The amount of money #1 stole can feed all Nigerians
- Top 9 most poisonous animals in the world – #1 is transparent and kills in seconds
- Full Video: The Big Brother Shower hour everyone has been looking for.. (#BBNaija)
- 5 places girls want you to touch in their body that’ll blow their mind – (These are her weak points)
- Kemi Olunloyo lists 3 celebrities in the world who can go without makeup and look Amazing, 2 of them are Nigerians