Idris Elba speaks about racism. He may be a successful Hollywood hot shot, but the 44yr old actor had his fair share of racist experiences growing up in London. He said he was ‘shielded from racial tension’ when he lived in Hackney before he moved with his parents Eve and Winston to the Canning Town area of the capital and that’s when the nightmare began. Describing the assault, he told The Telegraph:
‘I’d been shielded from racial tension, but when we moved I felt it full whack.
‘Mate, if you were Indian or black you were getting it.
‘Eggs thrown at you, the whole thing.’
Meanwhile, as talk of a first black James Bond are making the rounds, rumour has it Idris Elba could be in for the role.
The American director Ridley, 51, appeared to drop the bombshell Elba is set for Bond when he was at the premiere of their new Sky Atlantic series last week.
‘Idris is pretty much becoming a national treasure for every country. We couldn’t have done it without him.
‘It was a pleasure, he’s a gentleman. I can’t wait to see him as James Bond quite frankly.’ For his part, Idris thinks it’s all just rumours. He said: ‘Oh my god, I have no idea why he said that. That’s another six months of the rumour, oh well.’
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- Emeka Ike releases list of Nollywood producers who sleep with actresses – The list will shock many
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 15 Nigerian billionaires that own private Jets -Number 3 has up to five Aircrafts (With Pictures)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 is an African (With Pics)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs and the breathtaking houses they live in – Genevieve’s crib is crazy! (With Photos)