France’s President-elect, Emmanuel Macron, is married to his former high-school teacher, Brigitte Trogneux who is 24 years older than him. The unusual love story has captivated the internet and emerged as a major story line during Macron’s rapid rise towards the Elysee Palace. We take you through the journey of the unusual love story from being Macron’s teacher to his wife.
- Top 10 richest musicians in the world & their net worth – See the first Nigerian in the list (With Photos)
- 10 young emerging male Billionaires to look out for in Nigeria – #10 owns one of the most visited sites in Africa (With Pics)
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- Nigerian female celebs that drive the most expensive cars – They’re the big ballers (With Photos)
The 64-year-old Brigitte Trogneux, first met Emmanuel, 39, when he was 15 and as that time she was a 40-year-old married literature teacher and mother of three, the daughter of a bourgeois family of chocolatiers, and ran the theater club at his Jesuit school in Amiens.
It seems like it was love at first sight – it’s understood the pair used to have long discussions together – and she would read his writing out to the class.
“She used to recite his work all the time. She was totally captivated by his writing skills,” a former classmate once said.
As the couple tell it, he pursued her doggedly, and in the 11th grade convinced her to help him write a play.
Youthful Macron Plants A Kiss On Bridget’s Cheek After A Theatre Play
After breaking the shocking news of their bond to his parents, they removed their teen son from the school in Amiens, in northern France, and sent him to finish his education in Paris.
It was soon after this that Macron went to Paris to seek his fortune, promising his teacher “I will come back and marry you”.
In 2007, when he was 29 and she was divorced, Macron’s parents accepted the pair as they were, and they got married at the town hall of a northern beach resort, where she inherited a villa that became their second home.
They have now been together for 10 years and the love they have always shared is still very apparent.
When Macron was appointed economy minister in Socialist President Francois Hollande’s government in August 2014, Brigitte resigned from her teaching job a year later to help her ambitious young husband.
He declared his presidential bid in November 16, 2016, but by then he had already started making the relationship with Trogneux – nearly 25 years his senior – an integral part of his public persona.
As Macron gave his victory speech after winning the first round of the election two weeks ago, when the 39-year-old brought his wife onto the podium and thanked her, to long applause.
“Brigitte, always present, and even more now, without whom I would not be me,” an emotional Macron said as hundreds of his supporters shouted her name.
Macron is the step-dad to his wife’s three adult children who gave their blessing including her son Sebastian who is two years older than Macron. Bridget’s daughter Tiphaine, 30, is a lawyer who worked on her step-dad’s campaign.
Macron does not have any biological children with his wife, although he is also the step-grandfather of Brigitte’s seven grandchildren.
After the election results, the couple were joined on stage by Trogneux’s grand daughter before the National anthem
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Meet 10 silent Billionaires in Nigeria – These men control Nigeria’s economy (With Pictures)
- List of top 10 richest Nollywood actresses 2017 and their net worth – Rita Dominic takes #1 spot this time around (With Pics)
- Top 5 most attractive Nigerian female police officers – #3 will make you drool! (With Photos)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities who became stars through reality shows – You’d be shocked to see #6 (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebrity mums and their beautiful daughters (With Photos)
- Few things to know about Lil Kesh: His Net worth, houses, cars & his lifestyle after he left YBNL (With Pics)
- 9 Nigerian celebrities & the American stars they share resemblance with (Jaw Dropping Photos)