Ethiopia has shut off internet access to its citizens, according to reports from within the country, apparently due to leaked exam papers for the nation’s grade 10 examinations. Outbound traffic from Ethiopia was shut down around 4 pm UK time on Tuesday, according to Google’s transparency report, which registered Ethiopian visits to the company’s sites plummeting over the evening. By Wednesday afternoon, access still had not been restored.
Last year, activists leaked the papers for the country’s 12th-grade national exams, calling for the postponement of the papers due to a school shutdown in the regional state of Oromia. Now, the government appears to have taken the move to shut down internet access as a preventative measure.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 10 sexiest Yoruba actresses at the moment (With Pictures)
- 10 most expensive houses of footballers – C Ronaldo’s home will knock you out (With Pictures)
- 15 hottest mums in Nigeria entertainment industry – #3 is a banger! (With Photos)
- Checkout Billionaire Femi Otedola’s house, Private jet, Yacht and fleet of expensive cars (With Pics)
- 10 Nigerian celebrity kids of the 90s you won’t recognise today – Most of us grew up listening to music from #5 (With Pics)
- Meet Randy Wayne, another Nigerian ‘social media’ millionaire giving Hushpuppi a run for his money (Photos)
- Top 15 richest royals in the world and their worth – The amount of money they have is crazy! (With Photos)