Football is arguably the most watched sport in the world. Rising to top the ranks includes being part of a top team, and performing well enough to earn your place in the starting 11. Some players have done this amazingly well that it translates to a paycheck with enough zeros. While it is no secret that footballers make big bucks, their work on the field determines how much they earn. With the entry of such talent as Paul Pogba and Gareth Bale, the top 10 richest football players list will, in the near future, feature some new faces.
- 9 things you need to do in your 20s that will make you a millionaire before 30 – #4 and #8 is a must
- Nigerian celebrities who don’t know how to dress at all – #2 is hopeless – (With Photos)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 10 awkward celebrity kids who grew up to be very hot – I bet you can’t recognise them (With Photos)
For now, here are the 10 wealthiest football players on the planet.
10. Frank Lampard – (87 million)
Frank Lampard’s name is synonymous with Chelsea Football Club. Currently, at New York City FC, Lampard started his career at Westham United where his late father is regarded as club legend. Lampard became a high profile player at Chelsea where he left as the club’s leading goal scorer. On loan at Manchester City in the 2014/2015 season, Lampard came back to haunt his former club Chelsea by scoring an equalizer for Manchester City in a Barclays Premier League match. No love found between him and Chelsea fans though; he got a standing ovation from both sets of fans at the end of the match.