Nollywood actress, Uche Ogbodo has reacted to interview in which her colleague Monalisa Chinda said “women should also be blamed for domestic violence”. This Is How Monalisa Chinda Think Women Cause Domestic Violence
Uche who slammed this claim in an Instagram post, wrote;
“First of all, society looks down on women who stay in abusive relationships and pities them for being “helpless” and “weak.” Domestic violence victims can’t be categorized into a stereotype, but range among all types of women. Yet society places a specific insecure, weak, vulnerable woman into the category of most likely to be in an abusive relationship.
Rather than ridicule or punish the man who commits the abuse, this wrong perception will fault the woman for putting up with it because she possesses these negative traits. Women are taught that it is our personality “traits” that got us into this problem, and therefore we feel we must solve it.
As a result, women are quick to blame themselves for why our significant other is acting so violently. We angered them, we upset them, we pushed their buttons — but none of this is true. It shouldn’t matter what you do or how you live your life, it is the man’s choice to react in a violent or physical way.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)