A couple, Mr. Olaolu Dada and Mrs. Florence Dada, one Blessing Ejeh and six civil servants have been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for allegedly receiving over N300m in salaries from the Federal Government through the notorious ghost worker syndrome. The civil servants – Osuntope Opeyemi, Aderibigbe Taiwo, Usman Dayo, Johnson Adedokun, Oyebade Ayodeji and Ojeifo Sylvanus — are Federal Government employees in the Ministry of Agriculture, the Ministry of Water Resources and the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation.
It was learnt that the bubble burst when the Presidential Initiative on Continuous Auditing discovered that one of the civil servants allegedly operated 200 fictitious accounts with one Bank Verification Number.
About 50 houses were also traced to another civil servant when the case was referred to the EFCC. The accused persons all pleaded not guilty when the charges were read to them. The counsel for Mr. and Mrs. Dada, Darlington Ozurumba, told the court that his clients had applied for plea bargain with the prosecution which would include the return of some funds. The prosecution counsel, Mukhtar Mohammed, asked the court to remand the suspects in prison custody pending the commencement of trial.
Justice Kekemeke granted the prayers of the EFCC and adjourned the case till November 8 to hear their bail applications. The judge ordered that they remain in prison custody.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- The 6 physical features that men can’t resist in ladies – #4 and #5 will make even a billionaire lose control
- Nigerian female celebrities that have done plastic surgeries (With Photos)
- 14 Nigerian celebs who are allegedly gays and lesbians – #5 was caught (With Photos)
- 7 Nigerian celebs you never knew are from Royal families – #3 & #4 are stinking rich but still humble (With Photos)
- 12 people Olamide helped to become rich & famous in Nigeria – #11 can kill for Olamide (With Pics)
- 7 facts about Simi and Adekunle Gold you didnt know – Too many secrets unveiled
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)