Football star, Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother, Maria Dolores dos Santos, has revealed how the Real Madrid legend helped his older brother Hugo Aveiro, 42, conquer his drug addiction. Hugo, who works as the manager for Ronaldo’s museum in Madeira, Portugal, battled against alcohol and substance abuse in the late 1990s, but thanks to his multi-millionaire brother, who paid for his treatment to help overcome addiction.
‘There’s no doubt his money helped to save Hugo,’ their mother Dolores was quoted as saying in the Daily Record in 2007. ‘Things might have turned out a lot differently if Cristiano hadn’t been a footballer.’
Dolores who lost her husband, Jose Dinis Aveiro, to alcohol issue when Ronaldo was 20, also added that ‘Cristiano has seen what drink and drugs can do to people close to him and it’s part of the reason why he’s become who he is today,’
‘What happened to our family explains why Cristiano doesn’t have vices. He doesn’t smoke and doesn’t drink. His addiction is football.
‘Dinis drank himself into an early grave which left Cristiano devastated. Cristiano was very close to his dad.
‘He would have loved him to still be around to see the player he is today. It’s very sad.’
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 12 popular Nigerian Celebrity Relationship Breakups that will never be forgotten (With Pictures)
- 11 female celebs whose broken marriages didn’t stop them from shining – #9 became stinking rich after divorce (With Photos)
- 10 rappers who have made over a $100 million – #5 is already broke despite the fortunes he made (With Pics)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- Checkout Nigerian police ranks and salaries – You wont believe the amount they take home monthly (With Pics)
- 21 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians – This will shock you! (With Pictures)
- REVEALED! Top 5 most notorious criminals in Nigeria’s history – See How The Infamous Baddo Of Ikorodu Was Killed (With Pics)