Maimuna Sanda, the mother of Maryam Sanda, the nursing mother who stabbed her husband, Bilyaminu Bello, son of ex-PDP chairman, Haliru Bello, to death at their home in Abuja, in November, appeared in court today. Maimuna and two others were last week included as defendants in the case. Recall that last week, the police amended the charges against Maryam, to include her mother Maimuna Sanda, her brother Aliyu Sanda and one other person, as co-defendants.
The co-defendants were accused of tampering with evidences that would be used in the case.
At the resumed hearing of the case today, the defendants all pleaded not guilty when the charges were read to them. Their counsel, Joseph Daudu while asking the court to grantthem bail, argued that a medical certificate has been tendered before the court that Maryam needed a medical attention. Daudu also added that Maryam needed to give her seven month old daughter proper care and that staying in the prison is not ideal for a child.
He prayed the court to grant his client bail pending the hearing and determination of the case adding that the first defendant is anxious to clear her name. He, therefore, told the court that the defendant would not jump bail. On his part, the prosecution counsel, James Idachaba stated that the defendant has been enjoying administrative bail. He submitted that the defendants should remain in the custody pending their trial.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 10 celebs who looked better before they became rich and famous – Nicki Minaj was way prettier (With Pics)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- 7 Photos of Omotola’s second daughter, Meraiah that proves that she will be hotter than her mom
- Top 10 cult groups in Nigerian Universities, their Motto and Symbols – #1 and #2 are are the deadliest
- 12 cutest Nigerian celeb families that will make you envious – #10 has the most beautiful of them all
- 8 Nigerian celebrities who gave birth at a young age – #7 was 14yrs when she had her 1st child (Full pics of their kids)