Multiple Grammy award winning songstress, Rihanna recently had the street she grew up in named after her. The street, Rihanna Drive was recently commissioned and now the Work hit maker has shared an inspiring story behind the street. The Wild Thoughts crooner wrote on Instagram:
“A day my people and I will never forget! all the lessons, running around barefoot, nosey neighbors, braiding hair on the step, playing in the cemetery, walking to the beach, rum shop karaoke keeping the whole street awake til 4am (“only the lonely” by Roy Orbison is playing in my head as I type this) , stealing Sammy pomegranates from his tree, begging my mother to let me walk to Jan’s shop cause she had American snacks, selling plastic/glass bottles to Peter so I could buy those American snacks, getting my hair hot combed for Harvest at church, doing my homework on my front step while Miss Hyacinth yells “ya gon get belly hurt from dat cold step” across from her veranda, watching iFE walk past with her dreads dragging on the floor like a couture gown, all the times I thought Melissa came to hang out with me, turns out she was dating my next door neighbor all along, rushing to do dishes when my mother’s high heels start hitting the pavement as she gets off the bus from work……right here on this street!
WESTBURY is more than a community, we’re family!!! Thank you for all that you’ve poured into my life and the woman I am! It takes a village, and I’m glad my village was you!!!! To God be the Glory!!!! #RiRiDrive”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Top 10 richest musicians in the world & their net worth – See the first Nigerian in the list (With Photos)
- Why Oritsefemi’s wedding “outclassed” Banky W’s wedding (PHOTOS)
- 10 Nigerian celebrities that are married to white people (with pictures)
- Nigerian celebrity mums and their beautiful daughters – #5 is a damsel (With Photos)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 11 Nigerian entertainers who died before the age of 40 (With Pictures)
- Omotola Jalade shares photos of her 2nd daughter – She’s so beautiful!