Popular actor, Will Smith has taken to Instagram to celebrate the legendary life of Fela Anikulapo Kuti. The actor shared a throwback picture of himself, his wife, Jada Pinkett with another black power couple, Jay-Z and Beyonce, which was taken in 2010 during a play produced to celebrate the life of the Afrobeat legend.
In his Instagram post, Will Smith wrote about how the play named after FELA which he produced together with his wife and friends got 11 Tony Awards Nominations. He further urged poeple to read about the Afro-Beat legend, FELA while describing his life as “Deep”.
Here is what he wrote below;
May 20, 2010. We all produced a play together on Broadway called FELA. It was about the late Nigerian Artist / Activist Fela Anikulapo Kuti. We were nominated for 11 Tony Awards!!! Look up FELA. His life was DEEP! #tbt
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- Who are Adesua Etomi’s parents? Top facts you should know about Banky W’s wife’s Parents (PHOTOS)
- 5 easy ways to avoid pregnancy without using condom
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- 7 ways to know your partner just slept with someone else – Even a runs girl can’t get away with #3 & #7
- Nigerian celebrity mums and their beautiful daughters – #5 is a damsel (With Photos)
- 15 Nigerian celebrity deaths that shook the Industry in 2017 – Here is the cause of their deaths (With Pictures)