The Lagos State Government says it will partially restrict vehicular movement in the Agege area from January 4, 2018. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Olujimi Hotonu, in a statement on Monday said the move was to accelerate the ongoing construction of the Pen Cinema Flyover. Hotonu added that there would be a complete closure of roads in the area sometimes during the construction. He said, “However, adequate arrangements have been firmed up to mitigate the impact of the closure of the roads on motorists and residents.
Traffic diversion routes have been created to ensure ease of movement along the corridor.
“The construction of the flyover embarked upon by the administration of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode is part of the continuous drive to ease traffic in the metropolis and boost the economy.”
The permanent secretary said the restriction of movement would last for between three and six months.
He said, “Vehicles coming from Ogba/Oba Ogunji, except articulated vehicles, are expected to come in through Ijaiye Low Cost Housing Estate to link Iju Road; articulated vehicles and other vehicles have the option of either turning right towards Iju Road at the Pen Cinema intersection or left towards Moshalashi Alhaja.
“Vehicles coming from Iju Road should go towards Moshalashi Alhaja or turn towards Oba Ogunji/ Ogba as the turning towards the right to the Railway crossing will remain closed.
“There will be a complete closure of the road for vehicles coming from Moshalashi Alhaja towards the Railway crossing, while vehicles coming from Moshalashi Alhaja will be expected to either move towards Iju Road or turn right towards Oba Ogunji/Ogba Road.”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- “My Time Is Up, I Don’t Want To Live” – Lady Shares Photos Of Herself Taking An Overdose Of Drugs
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- American woman says Wizkid lasts only 60 secs, Nigerians react – See what the lady posted online + reactions (PICS)
- 5 celebrity marriage scandals and breakups of 2017 that got people talking all year long – Read all the details about the scandals and Breakups (PICS)
- 8 ways to make a man regret dumping you – #7 is the key!
- Meet all Pastor Adeboye’s children and facts you should know about them – His last son is a top businessman with many luxury investments (With Pics)
- All you really need to you know about Postinor 2 – This is what they won’t tell you