9. Her Bouquet Went Missing
The broken tiara wasn’t the only issue that came about on the morning of the wedding, but Elizabeth’s bouquet of flowers also went missing. Florist Martin Longman was given the privilege of being in charge of the bouquets for the royal wedding and he allegedly submitted five designs, but his arrangement of three all-white orchids was the chosen style for the big day. To add a special touch of sentimentality to the flowers, myrtle was added to the orchids. The myrtle used was grown from the same myrtle in Princess Victoria’s wedding bouquet. However,
when Elizabeth and Philip went to pose for pictures after the wedding, the flowers were missing.
Although searched for, they were never found. Longman was later asked to make an identical bouquet, so the bride and groom could pose for a photo.
10. Netflix’s The Crown Made An Exact Replica
Netflix’s The Crown is a hugely popular show at the minute, reigniting an interest in all things Queen Elizabeth-related. But did you know that the show actually recreated an exact replica of the dress?
The dress appears in the opening episode and roughly cost $37,000 to replicate.
Actress Claire Foy, who plays Elizabeth on screen, dished the details of what it was like to wear a gown of this stature. “It took five days to shoot that scene, and the dress, an exact replica, weighed a ton. All the fiddling to get it right and needing the loo and you’ve got a crown on your head. For this young woman to be wearing all that and then have the composure to walk through the Abbey full of dignitaries and heads of state, and then having to be anointed… It must have taken huge gumption.”
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- A tragic story of a family that had three massive lions as pets – Don’t open if you’re too emotional (With Real Pictures)
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- 11 Nigerian Child Stars of the 1990s’ and 2000s’ you won’t recognise today – #7 is a cheerful giver & #5 recently married (With Photos)
- 12 of the oldest spinsters in Nollywood reveal why they haven’t married, GENEVIEVE’s reason is quite funny
- 8 Nigerian celebrities who gave birth at a young age – #7 was 14yrs when she had her 1st child (Full pics of their kids)
- 12 Rich celebs who don’t help their poor siblings (With Pictures)