“It is a free world. But this freedom is not served a la carte but they should allow us to move our country forward. It is a challenge to every Nigerian.”
On the chances of APC in 2019, he added: “You are asking me an obvious question. I belong to this party. My commitment is to this party. We have a better chance and we are strongly determined to prosecute election in a most transparent and democratic manner and we will win.”
And on his appointment as the head of APC Presidential Reconciliation Committee, the former Lagos State Governor said he felt greatly honoured with the mutual confidence the President has reposed in him.
“I feel greatly honoured with the mutual confidence that the President has reposed in me which is a very strong political challenge. We have started in earnest.
“He has given me free hand to put cohesion, confidence and trust in the party.
Democracy is about conflict resolution process. You can’t do it without resolving conflicts.
“We can’t build it without understanding the conflicts and sources where we are coming from. But we want to leave the country with a legacy. It’s not about Mr. President. That is what he’s telling the country.
“It’s about our country and no other choice to democratic tenets than through political party platforms. He’s one of those rare beings around the country, around Africa who had experienced both worlds. He fought a battle to save Nigeria and came to politics to save Nigeria.
“Very rare people have such an opportunity in their life time and that’s what we talk about legacy, and where we have all the challenges, do what we should do. I’m enjoying the challenges so far,” he concluded.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- If you notice any of these signs, all he wants to do is sleep with you and dump you
- 7 celebrities Davido helped to become rich & famous – Most of you thought Olamide helped Lil Kesh (With Pics)
- 15 Instagram accounts that prove the world is doomed (With Pictures)
- See inside “King of Money” Victor Okafor Ezego’s mansion, palace, property and graveyard (Photos and Video)
- “I dated her for 8 yrs, never had sex with her, took care of her, after her MSc, she dumped me” – Man shares story
- 9 things you need to do in your 20s that will make you a millionaire before 30 – #4 and #8 is a must
- 10 hidden details about the wedding dress Queen Elizabeth wore in 1947 – It still remains one of the most expensive wedding gowns after 70years (Photos)