Meet the rich Arsenal player who earns N15m per week while his homeless mother lives in a container (Photos)
While the Arsenal star shares a luxury £700,000 apartment with brother, Cordi, his mum has had to sneak past staff at the Big Yellow Storage warehouse to sleep in the freezing container.
Jule said she began living in the box three months ago after her relationship broke down with Ainsley, who is currently rated at £15million.
It’s a metal container with no windows or carpet. There is no toilet or washing facilities. My son Ainsley could buy me a flat with two weeks or two month’s wages. But the money’s gone to his head and I’m in this position. My son plays for Arsenal and I am homeless and in a storage unit. It’s not a home. I know what home feels like — to be able to shower, brush your teeth and sit in your room. All that I miss — but most of all I miss my family. It’s horrible. I just want to know what I’ve done wrong.
Jule said she lives in fear that the warehouse staff will realise she is sleeping in the container and turn her out on the street.
“I wait until everyone has gone home and slip into the unit when it is dark. It is heartbreaking. The area is covered in snow and it’s not been above freezing for days. I heard a homeless man died here overnight on Thursday”.
Jule sat on a bare mattress on the container’s floor and told how she struggled as a single mum to raise Ainsley and charity worker, Cordi in council houses in and around Ilford, East London.
All around her are bags of family photos, including dog-eared pictures of Ainsley playing football as a toddler. Pushed into a box are his first contracts with the Gunners.
Jule told how when the boys were growing up, she was sometimes so poor that she went hungry so they could eat.
Ainsley was spotted by Arsenal scouts and signed for the club’s academy when he was just six.
All her sacrifices appeared to have paid off when in December 2014, he made his debut for The Gunners aged 17 in the Champions League against Galatasaray.
Four days later he made his Premier League debut in a 4-1 victory over Newcastle United. Afterwards he paid tribute to God and his mum in an interview on Arsenal’s website:
I want to thank my family and God mostly for putting me here . Asked what he would do with his match shirt, he said: I think I’ll frame it and give it to my mum.
This campaig, Ainsley who is a midfielder, winger or right back, has played nine league and eight European games for the Gunners.
CLICK HERE to follow our Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 18 shocking photos of celebs before and after drugs
- See the first ever Big Brother Naija that was held in 2006 – Most of the housemates are popular and wealthy now (With Photos)
- Proofs that show Davido bought all his hit songs and see the celebs he paid for them (With Photos)
- Top 10 richest and most powerful families in the whole of Africa; their net-worth, what they do & more – #1 & #6 are Nigerians (With Pics)
- 10 times Kim Kardashian forgot to look in the mirror before leaving the house – She should be sued for how she dresses (With Pics)
- REVEALED: What you didn’t know about Uganda’s former President, Idi Amin – Many think he’s Nigerian (With Pics)
- 10 world’s richest people of all time – Bill Gates is not even on the list & #7 and #1 are Africans (With Pics)