The World football governing body, FIFA, will pay the Super Eagles of Nigeria and other nations that crashed out from the group stages of the 2018 World Cup tournament £6.1m each.
According to reports, Nigeria would have received £9.1 million if they had progressed to the round of 16 stage. This is because any team eliminated from the round of 16 stage will receive £9.1million.
The World Cup-winning nation is expected to receive £28 million in prize money from FIFA, with 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams receiving £21million, £18million and £16million respectively.
Meanwhile, before the tournament, the 32 nations were given £1.1million each to prepare for the World Cup.
- 15 shocking photos Kim Kardashian wants the world to forget – She will do anything to take down her s*xtape
- 10 reasons why people are already worried about Meghan Markle’s future – The Queen doesn’t like her so well and we’ve got proof (With Pics)
- LADIES: If your boyfriend answers yes to these 10 questions, know he will marry you!
- 10 before and after photos that prove marriage has changed Mercy Johnson – #5 will make you love her more
- 12 photos that prove Alex is the best dressed and most stylish female housemate of BBNaija 2018