Nigeria army has lost another gallant hero. The soldier identified as Major HA Fashina, the commanding officer of 271 tank battalion, was killed on the 31st of May in Borno state. The brave officer was killed along four other soldiers along the Pridang-Bita road in Borno after their vehicle stepped on Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
The army spokesman, Texas Chukwu, said in a statement that the incident, which occurred in Gworza Local Government Area, happened when troops of 271 Task Force Battalion fought through an ambush staged by Boko Haram terrorists.
“Sadly, five military personnel paid the supreme price as a result of the Improvised Explosive Device attack,” Mr Chukwu said.
He, however, said that the troops killed a number of the terrorists, while others fled with gunshot wounds.
Mr Chukwu also said that troops had rescued nine people held by the terrorists during a clearance operation in six villages in Borno.
- 15 surprisingly strict rules The Royals have to follow when they travel – The Queen doesn’t even have a passport & she can go anywhere in the world (With Pics)
- 10 shocking things Meghan Markle had to give up after marrying Prince Harry – She can never be an Actress again (Photos)
- See photos of the French Pornstar rumoured to be Drake’s babymama
- Checkout the most stylish Nigerian rich kids – Tobi sure knows how to spend his father’s money (PHOTOS)
- 10 Nigerian male celebrities that love to show off their kids On Social Media – We all know Davido is a family man (Photos)