Why Aisha Buhari may not be Nigeria’s First Lady – The term “First Lady”, an unofficial title for a President’s wife has received quasi-official status due to the fact that funding and staff have been allocated to First Ladies since independence.
- How to cultivate happiness even when it is so hard – This will really help you!
- 10 things women easily fall for because it’s what they always love to hear – Guys, get in here!
- 7 drinks you need to stop drinking now before they kill you!
- How to have a real dirty phone sex – What to do and how to do it!
However, the Nigerian Constitution does not in any way stipulate or have provisions for the “office” of the First Lady.
This was the reason given by President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari during an interview in December 2014 that there would be no such office during his regime.
“The [office of] First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them,” Buhari said.
Mrs Aisha Buhari, wife of General Buhari, also expressed support for her husband’s position while speaking during the inauguration of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Women Campaign Council in January.
“When my husband is elected as the president of this country, he will rule the country within the rule of law based on the constitution of the country,” she said.
“If the office of the first lady is constitutionally recognized, he will not tamper with it but if it is not, that’s okay. For me I will perform my duties and role as the wife of the President of Nigeria traditionally,” she added.
Buhari was declared winner of Nigeria’s Presidential elections on Wednesday, April 1, 2015
He will be sworn in on Friday, May 29, 2015.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- READ Gen. Buhari’s only surviving sister interview – What she said about Buhari will leave you in a big shock
- Ladies, 10 important things you should know about every man’s penis
- Students caught having birthday sex (Photos + Video)
- 30 sexy ways to spice up your sex life from tonight (Must See)
- READ: What Patience Jonathan sent to Aisha Buhari after Buhari’s victory against President Jonathan
- 19 real struggle of women with big butt which they will never tell you!
- This leaked audio of president Jonathan’s call to Buhari has gone viral (Audio)
- 10 things that MUST happen naturally to make you know you have found Mr Right (Take Note)
- Fani Kayode’s speech after Buhari’s defeat against President Jonathan causes uproar online (Must See)
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you – All you need to know!
- Dear men, these are the 5 common sex mistakes you make which always spoil the fun (Take Note)