1. N195 Billion Maina Pension Scam (Top Corruption cases in Nigeria)
It is believed that Alhaji Maina misappropriated billions of naira worth of pension funds, which he claimed to have recovered from pension thieves. The senate committee probing pension funds management accused him of mopping up pension funds from banks and depositing the money in his private accounts.
- 6 types of sex women enjoy more – Guys, Note this!
- See what top Nigerian musicians earn per show – See who tops the list!
- The condom mistakes you’re making that you need to avoid – Need to see this!
- 15 types of girlfriends you must avoid or will make your life hell (Must See)
- OMG! Popular Nigerian OAP kidnapped and raped in Ghana (+Photos)
According to the committee, this mopping of such funds had made it impossible to pay thousands of pensioners across the country for months. When he was summoned to appear and clear the air on the committee’s findings, Alhaji Maina instituted a N1.5bn case against the senate and the inspector general of police. Things came to a head last week when the senate passed a resolution asking the presidency to sack Alhaji Maina within two days or face its wrath. Although the presidency had initially insisted that only the head of service could sack Maina, it subsequently changed its tone and ordered that disciplinary action should be taken against him for absconding from his duty post without permission.
Punishment: None fled Nigeria.