A truce meeting called on Monday by the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been boycotted by Senator Bukola Saraki, one of the party’s top contenders for the presidency of the Senate.
- Top 10 Animated films of all time
- Top 25 Deadliest earthquakes in history (With Pictures)
- 10 Nollywood stars that died in recent years – They shook the industry
- Recent list of countries with the highest rape crime in the world
Senator Saraki boycotted the meeting after reportedly telling party leaders that as a former governor he could not attend a meeting summoned by a ‘mere commissioner’, referring to Professor Yemi Osinbajo, whose previous public office was as Commissioner of Justice in Lagos State. Saraki then became a Senator, while Osinbajo is now the Vice President.
Following Saraki’s snub, Prof. Osinbajo didn’t bother to attend the meeting, but the party met with its elected lawmakers, with some of Saraki’s earlier supporters joining the meeting. Sources at the meeting told SaharaReporters that the leaders of the National Working Committee of the APC reaffirmed their support for candidates chosen during Saturday’s mock primaries of the party.
The Senate and the House of Representatives are expected to be inaugurated tomorrow. President Muhammad Buhari has given his blessing and dispatched a letter to the Clerk of the National Assembly asking to declare the two chambers inaugurated. Buhari is expected to return to Abuja on Tuesday evening, according presidency sources. APC is expected to hold a final meeting tonight to prepare for the elections of its principal officers of the National Assembly tomorrow.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Top 25 Most dangerous Dog breeds (With Pictures)
- Top 10 greatest female soccer players of all time
- Top 10 highest paid soccer players in German Bundesliga
- P-Square – Why we stopped going to church (Must Read)
- Top 25 Richest female singers in the world and their worth – See who’s #1 (With Pictures)
- The 20 richest musicians of all time – You’ll never guess the billionaires (+Pics)
- READ why Buhari snubbed Tinubu, APC to consult Jonathan over ministerial appointments
- Popular celebrities who were criminals before fame (With Pictures)
- How to get her thinking about you every minute of her life
- 25 of the most serial killers of ever! – How can people be this messed up?? (+Photos & Video)