1. Mengistu Haile Mariam (400,000 – 1.5 million deaths)
Breakdown: As president of Ethiopia and colonel of “the Derg” (communist militia) Mengitsu systematically killed those against him in the “Red Terror” campaign.
Mengistu Haile Mariam is (as in still alive) a politician who presided over Ethiopia from 1974 to 1991. The way he got into power was by smothering the previous president Haile Selassie although he has denied those rumors. His biggest claim to fame is theEthiopian Red Terror which was a campaign of repression led by the Derg (communist militia in Ethiopia). In his introductory speech Mengitsu yelled, “Death to counterrevolutionaries! Death to the EPRP!” Then he took three bottles filled with blood and threw them to the ground.
It was an auspicious beginning to say the least. Thousands were killed and found dead on the streets in the years that followed. Much of the murdering can be attributed to the friendly neighborhood watch there known as “Kebeles”. As if killing innocents wasn’t enough they would then charge the family a tax to return the dead body to them. The tax was aptly named “the wasted bullet”! Are you serious Mengitsu? However there was an even more gruesome fate of being left on the street where wild hyenas would fight over the dead. The campaign has been described as one of the worst mass murders ever in Africa. Mengitsu is even known to havegarroted people to death
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 15 Celebrities who look exactly like another celebrity – You need to see their pictures!
- Ghanaian celebrities who are from rich homes (+Photos)
- The 10 richest football club owners & their net worth (+Photos)
- Photos that will make you look twice and get you insane..
- 10 most evil women in history of the world – You will be shocked to see their evil deeds! (+Pics)
- Official list of top 1000 richest people in the world & their worth – World’s billionaires
- Top 20 health tips for stronger and longer erection
- Top 10 most beautiful African first ladies – Number 1 is a princess! (+Photos)
- The moment Tinubu’s wife, Remi Tinubu embarrassed Senate president, Saraki (+Photo)
- Top 10 Richest wrestlers in the world and their worth 2015 – See who’s #1 (+Pics)