P-Square – Since 2007, the duo of Peter and Paul Okoye of P-Square fame has stopped going to worship in any church, just about two years after they relocated to Lagos.
- Top 10 highest paid English premier league players in 2015
- Top 25 Most exclusive secret societies in the world + Their devilish signs (Photos & Video)
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who bleach their skin (With Pics)
- The 40 most expensive rappers in the world + See who’s #1 and their cost per show! (+Photos)
Despite Peter and Paul’s penchant for fasting and prayers, they have not been going to church for close to a decade, but they insisted the action has not affectted their close relationship with God, and is also not a result of arrogance.
We gathered that immediately the Okoye brothers relocated to Lagos between 2004 and 2005, they started attending a church somewhere around Ilupeju, where they first resided. They later stopped attending the church, and when they relocated to Omole Estate Phase 1, they gave a couple of churches a shot as well before eventually deciding to call it quits.
Peter, one of the brothers lamented his reasons “each time we attend, other worshipers would not listen to the Pastor’s sermon again. All eyes will just be on us. Instead of praying, some people will even decide to be starring at us. “We were not comfortable with that and thought we were distracting a lot of people from serving their God, so we said to ourselves that we should stop going. All men are equal before God, so we don’t encourage people to abandon their primary purpose of being in church because of us.”
P-Square grew up from a strong Christian family based in Jos. Their late parents were staunch members of the Catholic Church, before their mother became the General Overseer of a new generation church in the same city.
The story of P-Square began in St. Murumba College, a small Catholic school in Jos. They began singing, dancing, and mimicking songs by MC Hammer, Bobby Brown and Michael Jackson.
They later formed an acapella quartet called “MMPP” (Michael, Melvin, Peter and Paul). Drawing inspiration from their music idol Michael Jackson, they began break dancing, and formed the group called “Smooth Criminals” in 1997.
Later in 1999, Peter and Paul returned to music school to develop their skills on the keyboard, drums, bass and rhythm guitar. Their work includes the soundtracks for a number of films like Tobi, Mama Sunday, Moment of Bitterness and Evas River.
The Smooth Criminals disbanded when its members left to various other universities. Subsequently Peter and Paul formed their own group, variously called “Double P”, “P&P”, and “Da Pees”, until they eventually settled on “P Square”.
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Top 25 Most dangerous Dog breeds (With Pictures)
- Top 25 Richest female singers in the world and their worth – See who’s #1 (With Pictures)
- The 20 richest musicians of all time – You’ll never guess the billionaires (+Pics)
- 20 Popular celebrities as teenagers – Can you recognize them?? (See Photos)
- Top 10 richest rappers in the world in 2015
- The official list of top 10 richest football clubs in 2015
- How men fall in love with a woman – The seven stages..
- Nigerian male celebrities nobody wants to see shirtless (+Photos)
- The 10 Most expensive transfers in La Liga history (+Photos)
- President Buhari on the verge of wasting Nigeria’s resources?? – See what he just did!