Buhari on the verge of wasting Nigeria’s resources – President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday left Nigeria to attend the G7 Summit which begins in Bavaria, Germany on Sunday.
- Top 25 Richest female singers in the world and their worth – See who’s #1 (With Pics)
- The official list of top 10 universities In Africa for 2015 – See which is number 1 now! [+Pics]
- 10 best luxury hotels in Africa (+Photos)
- The world’s most powerful kids, their worth, and how influential they are! (+Photos)
According to a statement by his spokesman, Garba Shehu, the Nigerian president was accompanied by Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State, former Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, and former Chief of Army Staff, Abdulrahman Dambazau and other officials.
Meanwhile, concerned Nigerian have begun to react to Fashola’s presence in the President’s entourage to the G7 Summit describing it as “illegal” and a “waste of resources.”
Speaking to BREAKING TIMES on Sunday, Deji Adeyanju, a public affairs commentator said that Fashola had no basis accompanying the President on this official trip. “Fashola is travelling with Buhari at the expense of taxpayers’ money. He is not a government official. Why is he on this trip with Buhari to the G7 Summit? In what capacity is he representing Nigeria? He is not the one we elected to govern us and there is no official communication from the President stating that he has been appointed in any capacity whatsoever. So he is on that trip as a private citizen. Is this not tantamount to government waste?”, he queried.
Spokesman to President Buhari, Garba Shehu had stated on Saturday that Mr. Buhari was invited to the G7 summit before he was sworn into office.
“The invitation is a clear indication of the international community’s willingness to cooperate with the new government of Nigeria,” he said.
He added that President Buhari would not be participating in the main meetings, since Nigeria is not a member of the G7 group.
“He is in a group of seven other Heads of State who were called in as guests. He will equally be holding key side meetings with some of the seven Heads of State who will be convened at the summit.
“The international community is obviously acknowledging Nigeria’s significant role in global affairs,” Mr. Garba said, “especially with the recent change in government.”
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- Signs your girlfriend is cheating on you – See this now!
- Best questions to ask on a date – Read this to be a pro!
- The 10 Richest families in America, their worth and expensive lifestyle (With Pics)
- Cristiano Ronaldo net worth in 2015
- 25 little ways to win any woman’s heart – Guys you need to see this!
- The world’s most expensive hotels – See how much they cost per night! (+Pics)
- President Muhammadu Buhari bans ministers… [Details]
- See the popular Nollywood actor that intentionally infected his wife with HIV (+Photo)
- 7 health benefits of a blow job – You need to see this!
- Top 10 highest paid female soccer players for 2015 – See how much they’re paid! (+Photos)