About Serena and Venus Williams – Serena Williams is only two matches away from achieving a ‘Serena Slam’ after defeating sister, Venus, in an epic quarterfinal clash at the ongoing US Open Tennis Championships. Serena beat Venus 6-2, 1-6, 6-3, to win her 16th tie against elder sibling in what was the 27th meeting between the pair at a major event.
- 14 secrets the Obamas’ don’t want you to know (With Pictures)
- 16 ways for a woman to naturally increase her breast size – Ladies, see this now!
- List and pictures of men that have dated and “done things” with actress Yvonne Nelson
- 16 reasons why people find it so easy to take you for granted!
The sisters have been the face of tennis since the late 90’s and have continued to dominate in the 21st century. While Serena – who is younger – is more successful, Venus has already cemented herself as a legend of the game after her early career heroics.
What do we really know about this superstar sisters. The Time and heavy.com highlight 11 things about this sister we do not know:
FAMILY & BACKGROUND
1. Their parents, Richard Williams & Oracene Price met in 1979 when they were married to other people. Richard Williams was married to Betty Johnson while Oracene was married to Yusef Rasheed. The parents married in 1980 just after Venus was born.
Williams and Price had other children from other marriages and when the tennis sisters were born they had eight half-siblings.
Navigate using <-> arrows below