Obasanjo’s dirty dealings with Alaibe – The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Bayelsa state has defined the governorship candidate from the APC Timi Alaibe as “a desperate power monger.”
- 12 Rich celebs who don’t help their poor siblings (With Pictures)
- The names of 40 ministerial nominees Buhari submitted to DSS for screening (See List)
- Top 15 Nollywood stars you still may not know have died – This list will leave you in a big shock!
- 10 celebrities who were too young to be sex symbols (With Pictures)
Daily Post reports that the PDP also disclosed how Alaibe supposedly donated N10 billion towards the realisation of the aborted third term attempt of former president Olusegun Obasanjo, when he was Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Godspower Keku, the PDP state secretary, in a statement said Alaibe’s backgrounds during his tenure as NNDC boss confirmed that he was a political baggage to any serious party.
He said: “It is a shame that somebody like Alaibe is coming out to say he wants to contest for governor of the state. The question to ask him is: what is he coming to offer? What was his antecedent at NDDC? In his years as the managing director of NDDC what did he do to better the lot of Bayelsans or the state in spite of all the opportunities available to him?
“Is it not true that instead of helping his own people he chose to empower his friends from the North and South West? Now is it not important to ask him if he actually loves Bayelsans; he should account for all the billions of naira budgeted and released for the construction of roads and water projects for Bayelsa state.
“Where are the roads and water projects in the state and what happened to the money so budgeted and released for this purpose? Who is Alaibe fooling? Surely, Bayelsans don’t trust him. His tenure at NDDC was a complete disaster.”
Keku who blamed the governorship aspirant for “having donated N10 billion towards former President Olusegun Obsanjo’s alleged third term plot”, said that Alaibe had tried to run for governor at three different times and on each occasion dropped out of the race after supposedly collecting money or appointment with the claim that he was “told to step down”.
He also said that the APC candidate is a ”use and dump” politician, saying after his personal benefits on each occasion he tried to run for governor, he subsequently forgot his supporters.
“Is that a man that can be trusted? Is that the kind of leader Bayelsa needs? A leader who will mortgage the state and interests of the people for a pot of porridge?” Keku asked.
Bayelsa is one of Nigeria’s seven states with its own electoral calendar due to past cancellation of polls and it did not elect a governor on April 11.
The Kogi and Bayelsa elections are scheduled for November 21 and December 5 respectively.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 11 ways to know you are dating a man not a boy – Every young lady should know this!
- The list of top 10 poorest states in Nigeria – See which tops the list!
- 10 one hit wonders who made enough to retire (With Pics)
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- See what Nadia Buari said abiut Jim Iyke and her twin babies
- Remember the 90 yr old woman who donated her life savings to Buhari campaign? See what was done to her.. Wow!
- Breaking: DSS releases names of President Buhari’s ministers who passed the anti corruption test (See List)
- 13 Nigerian musicians who own several luxurious cars – See who’s got the best! (With Pics)
- 14 secrets the Obamas’ don’t want you to know (With Pictures)
- The Kardashian and Jenner clan step out in style for dinner (See Photos)
- 15 things men like in women more than good looks.
- Top 10 richest African footballers for 2015 – See who is number 1 (+Photos)