How did you meet your wife?
Chidi Mokeme: I met my wife in America in 2008. I had gone for the inauguration of President Obama. There was one of the town hall balls that was organised in his honour by the ‘Africa Business Round Table’ in Maryland. I was there too. It was there I ran into my wife.
- 12 celebrities who pretend to be kind, but are actually terrible (With Pics)
- 10 popular Nigerian celebrities and how they lost their virginity – You won’t believe this! (+Pics)
- Top 8 hottest Nigerian celebrity couples for 2015 (+Photos)
- Popular celebrities you didn’t know were cousins – You will be shocked to see this! (+Pics)
What was the attraction?
First, she’s a pretty woman. She’s imposing, she stands out. As soon as you see her, you will notice her. I think everything else must have grown with time. You begin to discover who she is. And then the more I discovered, the more I was sure we were going to end up married.
When, how and where did you propose?
I proposed to her in the states last year. It was a surprise. She came back from work one day, she opened the door and I was there. Candles were all lighted up, I was there inside her house on bended knees asking her ‘Would you marry me?’
Some are asking why go for a US-based lady when there are thousands of home-bred ladies looking for husband?
I don’t think that is a problem. It doesn’t matter where a person in based. You don’t marry a woman because of where she is based. What matters is her personality. And then geographical location absolutely means nothing because that arrangement can be changed by one conversation. It doesn’t take anything to relocate. If she would be relocating to Nigeria, we would make our family in Nigeria.
I earlier wanted to ask if Jean would be relocating to Nigeria, leaving her thriving practice in America or would you likely join her?
She is in a business that is required everywhere in the world. There is nowhere in the world you don’t require the services of medical practitioners. She’s not only a doctor, she’s a doctor’s doctor. That means she has a doctorate degree in a specialized area of medicine. She has a doctorate degree in pharmacy. You know she can never be out of work.
Is she your dream woman?
We said ‘I do’ (laughs)
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 15 celebs who aged terribly (With Pictures)
- 10 Rich celebs who act like they are poor (With Pictures)
- 6 Nigerian celebrities who fly private jets regularly (With Pictures)
- 15 types of girlfriends that you MUST avoid or will make your life hell (Must See)
- 12 Shocking facts about Tyga and Kylie (With Pictures)
- 14 secrets the Obamas’ don’t want you to know (With Pictures)
- 10 celebs you didn’t know were muslim – This will leave you in a big shock! (With Pictures)
- Top 10 condoms that bring insane pleasure according to..
- Top 12 world’s richest men of all time – See who is number 1: He’s African! (+Pics)
- Meet 10 Nollywood actresses who are owners of the luxurious Range Rover SUV – See who’s got the biggest (+Pics)
- Top 17 Worst celebrity wardrobe malfunctions that went viral – #17 will leave you in stitches! (See Photos)
Discussion about this post