Leaked tape of Governor Wike – The Nigeria Police Force says it will be investigating a leaked audio tape purported to be Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike, threatening to kill an INEC official in the just concluded rerun election for the state National Assembly (read here) Read the police press statement after the cut…
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you in no time
- Ladies! 10 things your man should never make you do, no matter how much you love him – Be wise!!
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- 12 things you can only see in Dubai (With Pictures)
The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni in response to the statement credited to the INEC chairman, Prof. Yakubu Mahmud to the effect that there were seventy incidents that tended to derail the 10th December, 2016 re-run elections in Rivers State, has set up a team of detectives and experts to conduct a thorough investigation into the incidents mentioned by the INEC chairman with a view to unravelling those who directly or indirectly are responsible for such incidences and bring them to justice.
2. The investigative team is also mandated to conduct forensic analysis on the audio report released by Sahara Reporters purportedly to be the voice of the Executive Governor of Rivers State, His Excellency Chief (Barr.) Nyesom Wike (CON) pertaining to the concluded elections.
3. The Government of Rivers State and INEC are enjoined to avail the investigative team with facts at their disposal and grant them the desired cooperation and assistance to achieve a comprehensive and conclusive investigation. The election observers, civil society groups, Human Rights watchers and other stakeholders are equally called upon to assist the team with valuable information they may have.
4. The Nigeria Police Force is committed to enthroning the principles of democratic policing and ensures that the IGPs master plan on election security takes hold in Nigeria in accordance with international best practices and core value of Policing with integrity.
5. The investigative team is headed by a Deputy Commissioner of Police who has vast experience in investigation. The team has 30 days to complete the investigation and submit report. The findings will be made public.
DCP Don N. Awunah fsi,
Force Public Relations Officer
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- The fabulous life of Emmanuel Adebayor – His private jets, houses, motor bikes, cars, shoes (Photos)
- 9 Silent Nigerian billionaires who keep their wealth on a low key (With Pictures)
- Top 6 Nigerian banks and how much they pay their staffs monthly – See which is number 1!
- Top 12 most notorious and richest criminals in the world – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 9 Countries where Nigerians can easily get permanent residency – #2 will shock you!
- Meet the rich kids in Africa; From Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya – that luxury lifestyle! (With Pictures)
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- LADIES: If you do these 9 things, No man can ever play you!
- Meet the 6 richest celebrity kids in Nigeria – You wont believe who is number 1 (With Pictures)
- 6 Reasons Nigerian men are scared of all Calabar girls (With Pictures)