12 International artistes who drew inspiration from Fela Kuti – #1 & #9 even sang in Yoruba Lang. (With Pics)
Artistes who drew inspiration from Fela: Legendary musician, Fela Anikulapo Kuti popularly known as ‘Abami Eda’ is one of the biggest Nigerian names ever to make music and his music continues to inspire several years after he’s passed on. Fela was a Nigerian multi-instrumentalist, musician, composer, pioneer of the Afrobeat music which has inspired a lot of local and international artistes. Without further ado, we take a look at some international acts who have sampled the work of the Afrobeat legend.
- Top 7 confraternities in Nigeria and their history + beliefs (Must See)
- See what #BBNaija Bisola did with Balley when TTT slept that has got people hating her (Video)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- Nigerian celebrity mums and their beautiful daughters (With Photos)
1. J. Cole– “Let Nas Down” (2013)
“Let Nas Down” is a song from J. Cole’s 2013 album Born Sinner that takes after the Fela Kuti & The Afrika 70 track titled, “Gentleman.” The Fela Kuti influence on this track is heavily felt, but doesn’t yet boast enough evidence to be officially labeled as a sample. Did J. Cole use a direct rip from Fela Kuti & Afrika 70’s track.
The Yoruba phrase ‘Mi Gbo’ is resounded all over track.