A federal high court sitting in Abuja has suspended the recall process of Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye. After listening to arguments in an expert motion filed by Senator Melaye’s lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, seeking to stop the recall on the grounds that signatories to the recall were fake, the presiding judge Justice John Tsoho asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Melaye to maintain “status quo”.
The judge ordered the stay of proceedings in the recall and urged the parties involved to abide by the status quo and subsequently adjourned the matter to September 29, 2017, for further hearing. Melaye had his lawyer through filed the suit after some of his constituents initiated his recall process from the upper legislative chamber. The senator had requested the court to declare the petition submitted to INEC as illegal and unconstitutional. He also asked the court to nullify the recall, saying it breached his rights.
INEC on Monday released the timetable for the recall, indicating that it would give a notice of verification (of signatories) on July 10, 2017, with the process expected to end on August 19. The Kogi State Chapter of the APC also approached the Federal High Court in Abuja, asking it to stop INEC from activating process for the recall of the Senator Melaye. Plaintiffs in the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/601/2017, are Alhaji Haddy Ametuo, Hon. Shaibu Osune, S.T Adejo, Comrade Yahaya, Ade Ismail, Chief Gbenga Ashagun, Ahovi S. Ibrahim, Ghali ND Usman, Isa Abubakar, I. Molemodile, Abubakr M. Adamu and Daniel Sekpe. Reacting to the ruling on Twitter, Melaye said: “Thank You, Jesus. Status quo should be maintained says Federal High Court Abuja on the fake recall case. Yahaya Bello is a loser.”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways.
- 16 Signs you may have HIV without knowing – if you notice #6, #12 or #14, please visit your doctor
- 7 most effective ways to increase your d*ck size – with #2 and #4, you could gain 4 extra inches
- “You fool, Wizkid and Davido beef is staged” – Cynthia Morgan reveals
- Tekno shades Wizkid and Davido (see screenshots)
- 12 celebrities you forgot had passed away – #3 died at his peak (With Photos)
- A-List Nigerian celebrities who married richer men – #5, #2 and #1 are regretting now (With Photos)
- Checkout Senator Dino Melaye’s Luxurious cars and mansions (See photos & cost of each car)