2. Your Home Address
This one may seem like a bit of a no-brainer, however, it is worth mentioning as CBS news reported that as much as 40% of people have listed their home address on social media sites. Of that 40%, 65% did not block strangers from viewing their information with their privacy settings. Moreover, a shocking 60% also stated that the people on their friend lists were not people they necessarily trusted, but just acquaintances. According to a study conducted by the Ponemon Institute, social media site users are more at risk for identity theft than non-users. It is, therefore, important to give strangers as little information as possible on social media.
1. Tagging Pictures of Your Children
Most parents are proud of their children and so it’s natural to want to show pictures of them to their friends. However, it is important to remember that you never know who you might be dealing with on social networking sites. According to How Stuff Works, if you want to protect your children, you should not tag or post pictures of your children if you do not restrict your profile. It’s a sad truth, but predators often use the Internet to stalk and find children. Beware of posting pictures and/or captions such as “Jr.’s first time walking to school by himself!”. The safest options if you want to share your family photos is to restrict your profile and send pictures to a trusted few who you know won’t share the pictures.
-Lady M, TheRichest
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 8 crazy photos of Cynthia Morgan that broke the internet
- Top 10 richest transgender celebrities in 2015 and their worth – See who’s number 1 now! (+Pics)
- How to text a girl you like and make her want you in no time..
- 13 Nigerian musicians who own several luxurious cars – See who’s got the best! (With Pics)
- 10 strangest sexual encounters that landed people in the hospital (With Pictures)
- The 13 light skinned Ghanaian celebs turning heads right now – #13 is everyone’s favourite (With Pics)
- 12 celebrities who were dumped by their partners via text (With Pictures)
- List of all Illuminati members in Nigeria (+Pics)
- 10 Footballers who are chronic womanizers (With Pictures)
- 10 Sure signs your girlfriend is cheating – Don’t let her fool you!
- 8 things guys will do when they are seriously in love with you
- 10 of the most extravagant mansions in the world and who own them (With Pictures)