Richest countries in Africa: The African continent is one of the world’s largest and his home to 54 sovereign states some of which boast robust enonomies. The continent has been tagged as the world’s poorest continent but there are some enonomies which boast of a robust Gross Domnestic Product [GDP].
- 10 shocking facts about Air Force One (With Pictures)
- Trying to conceive a male child? Check out these 9 tips that work like magic!
- Meet the 7 adorable children of 2face Idibia (With Pics)
- Top 10 most beautiful hotels in Africa – See which is number 1 (+Pics)
Below are the top 10 richest countries in Africa based on their GDPper capita as released by AfricaRanking.
10) Algeria – $7,500 (GDP per capita)
Algeria is the second largest oil producer in Africa, and this accounts for the majority of the country’s economy generating 70% of total budget receipts.
In addition to this the country has an enormous supply in a number of minerals, including iron, lead, copper, zinc and mercury. See Also: Top 50 Richest people in Africa and how stinky rich they are! (+Pics)