GREATEST and most powerful sex and love quotes – “The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.” Love, that attention-seeking pain in the ass, has never been content to just drive the, ahem, layperson crazy. It sashays around, all pretty and confounding, until writers just have to try to explain it. That’s when the trouble starts, of course.
- 10 Signs you’re dating the wrong person – See this now an stop wasting your time!
- 21 Athletes who’ve slept with porn stars – #1 will shock you! (With Pictures)
- 8 Nollywood actresses who married “Tear Rubber” husbands (With Pictures)
- The 12 world’s richest men of all time – You won’t believe who number 1 is (+Photos)
Literature has quotes for days on that four-lettered blessing or curse, but I’ve seen one too many articles go to the well of the Brontës, Austen, and Sparks. No offense to any of them (in fact, props are due), but hopefully this list shines some light on writings you haven’t seen before, and maybe there’s something that rings true for whatever kind of love you’re in. Or not in, if that’s the case.
Crushes, attraction, dating and waiting:
1. “Thou and I are too wise to woo peaceably.” —William Shakespeare, “Much Ado About Nothing”
2. “The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only.” —Victor Hugo, “Les Misérables”
3. “Beautiful things don’t ask for attention.” —James Thurber, “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”
4. “He called her a melon, a pineapple, an olive tree, an emerald, and a fox in the snow all in the space of three seconds; he did not know whether he had heard her, tasted her, seen her, or all three together.” —Virginia Woolf, Orlando