What can you tell me about Saudi Arabia? That it’s a strange and controversial middle-Eastern country? Oh, you don’t know the half of it. While the Western world treats it as an ally, you can see some basic human rights being violated right in front of your nose, especially when it comes to women’s rights. But, either way, it’s their country, their culture and ultimately their decisions, no matter how barbaric and bizarre they may seem to the Western world.
- 12 Illuminati secrets we are not supposed to know – This will make you shiver (With Pictures)
- 16 affordable places to travel to if you’re young, broke and want to travel the world (With Photos)
- I found an iPhone on the ground and what I found in its photo gallery terrified me..
- The 13 most feared criminals in the world right now – #3 is Nigerian and this will make you shiver
So, here are a few curious facts about Saudi Arabia you may have never heard.
1. Did you know that Mecca and Medina are the most holy cities of Islam, and that non-Muslims are not allowed to set their foot on these holy grounds? So much for your summer plans, am I right?
2. If you carry and drink alcoholic beverages in Saudi Arabia, you’re gonna get whipped. And no, that’s not a euphemism, you’ll get a number of whip lashes. Another bummer for that perfect vacation, I see. But wait, there’s more!