Following witchcraft allegations, a 10-year old boy named Usen Okon was reportedly thrown into the Imo River in the Ikot Abasi area of Akwa Ibom State, by his paternal aunt but he luckily survived the attack.
- Couple caught “doing things” openly in a car park in Kent [SEE PHOTOS]
- Another Leaked Amber Rose Na ‘k£d Photo Goes Viral Again! [Look] Rated 18+
- SEE What Money Has Caused: Emmanuel Adebayor’s family in trouble as he accuses his mum of…… (Details)
- VIDEO: New Big Brother Africa bath video comes out
- Freda Edewor goes completely topl£ss like Kim K (See Photo)
- Photos: Girl goes out completely na k£d in public and no one noticed (Must See)
The senior project manager of the Humanist Association for Peace and Social Tolerance Advancement, Mr. Ayobami Ojedokun who was taking care of the boy in partnership with another group, told Punch in Uyo on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 that Okon who is an orphan was left in the care of his paternal aunt, identified simply as Ekaeyen, at Etebi community in the Esit Eket Local Government Area of the state.
Ojedokun revealed that a few days ago, the aunt had woken Okon from sleep and took him to her husband asking him to confess to being a wizard which the poor boy denied vehemently.
This action angered Ekayen who threatened to throw him into a river and just as said, on Sunday, November 16, 2014, the woman took Okon to the Imo River and threw him into the water hoping that he gets drowned by the water.
Ojedokun said, “She actually threw Okon into Imo River thinking that the boy would drown. The boy came out of the water alive and went to their home, only to be told that her auntie had relocated.”
When contacted to confirm the incident, the acting Police Public relations officer, Akwa Ibom State Police Command, Mr. Iboro Victor, denied having any knowledge of the case.
He said, “The incident is not to my knowledge right now.”