Abducted Bayelsa Girl – Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II at a press conference in Kano yesterday February 29th, told his own side of the story. Sanusi said he was against the marriage as the girl was still young and that it was against Islam’s teaching for a young girl like that to take such a decision.
- GUYS: If you notice any of these 7 signs, Never sleep with her!
- The long list of celebrities Kylie Jenner has slept with – You will be surprised to see this! (With Pictures)
- 9 Categories of ladies that use pregnancy to trap men down – Guys, see this now!
- Top Nigerian celebrities that love football and the clubs they support (With Pictures)
“Since September last year, the district head of Kura came to palace with a young girl of about 15 years, alongside with somebody from the area, whom we were told was married to him after she was converted to Islam.
I ordered for her immediate repatriation to her parents who were said to be in Bayelsa state. I ordered the Kano State Shariah commission to liaise with the assistant inspector general (AIG) zone 1 to assist in taking her back to her parents in Bayelsa, through the AIG who oversees Bayelsa axis, for her safety. In Islam, she has no right to just go ahead and decide things for herself. She is still young. She is not matured enough. And there is nowhere in Islam where such young girls can just make up their mind and give their hands in marriage just like that. It is not permitted in Islam. That is why we said she must be taken back to her parents. To my utter surprise, since from the time we ordered that the girl be taken to her parents in Bayelsa through AIG Zone 1 office, we didn’t hear anything about her. Just for us to now start hearing all kinds of stories that we are keeping her in our custody. This is injustice of the highest order.” Sanusi said when he learned that she came back to Kano after she was repatriated during the first encounter, he insisted that she must be taken back to her parents in Bayelsa. I am therefore giving an order that an investigation should immediately commence with the AIG office to know the position of things since that time we ordered for her repatriation to her parents. We cannot in anyway be more Muslims than the Prophet of Islam Muhammad, Peace Be Upon Him. We must therefore do things according to the set rules and regulations governing our religion.”he said
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- The 10 types of men you should never fall in love with (Must See)
- 14 Nigerian celebrities who were once trailed by Gay/Lesbian rumours (With Pictures)
- 20 Men The Kardshians have ruined their lives (With Pictures)
- 10 famous celebrities with mental health disorders – #1 will leave you in a big shock! (+Photos)
- 10 beautiful Nigerian celebrities who married men that are not fit (With Pictures)
- Beautiful photos of actress Funke Akindele wedding to popular Nigerian singer
- LADIES: If you want to keep your man around you, STOP doing these 10 things..
- 10 most dangerous snake species in history of the world – See which is #1 (With Pictures)
- 10 most powerful gay couples in 2015 (With Pictures)
- 20 amazing facts about twins.