According to the actor, most actors now rely on their wives to be fed, as the menace caused by piracy has had a negative effect on their finances. Veteran Yoruba actor, Taiwo Hassan, also known as “Ogogo”, has revealed that the unrewarding state of the movie industry has encouraged him to consider other means of income such as farming.
- Meet the richest students in UNILAG
- 4 Nigerians who are Guinness world record breakers (With Pictures)
- The 20 richest Nigerian actresses and their net worth – See how much is in their bank
- 15 Shocking facts about “V*gina” that will keep you up all night – EVERY lady should see this!
In an interview published by Punch News on Saturday, August 14, 2016, Ogogo observed that piracy has made it difficult for actors and movie producers to get value for their hard work.
Most of the time, a film gets circulated into the market barely hours after release, and it is all down to the activities of pirates, who have denied him and many others of their royalties.
“I just can’t be chasing some jobs that are not worth it now. Imagine going to Ibadan now on fuel of about N30, 000, the producers don’t usually have the fund to pay for my hotel and I will lodge my personal assistants in hotels as well.”
” I can’t commit to jobs that are not worth it. It is not every job that one gets to do at a certain stage in one’s life.”
“No marketer can finance a movie project with a large amount of money.”
” Imagine releasing a movie in the morning by 9am and by 2pm the pirated copies will be out. So, how do we get our royalties or how does the marketer recoup his investment?”
According to the actor, most actors now rely on their wives to be fed, as the menace caused by piracy has had a negative effect on their finances.
“We solely depend on God’s mercy now, and the goodwill of those who love us. Only few have small businesses of their own. As I speak, some actors are being fed by their wives.”
“A big marketer in the industry told me when he wanted to release a Yoruba movie, some Igbo boys in Alaba told him to settle the pirates so they don’t pirate his movie. That is happening in a lawful society.”
Hassan observed that actors are the least paid when compared to professionals who play football or have a music career.
This has been the reason why he decided to venture into farming, which was practiced by his parents.
”Footballers and musicians make more money than actors. Actors are the least paid.”
“My parents were farmers. I have partially started the process of going into farming”, he said.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for faster updates
TOP POSTS YESTERDAY
- 11 Filthy Rich Nigerian pastors that will make you feel jealous (With Pictures)
- The long list of male and female celebs Rihanna has slept with (With Pictures)
- 10 reasons you should stop eating instant noodles (Must See)
- LADIES: If your guy has these 21 qualities, marry him IMMEDIATELY!
- The 10 most expensive cultures to marry from in Nigeria – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)
- All you really need to you know about Postinor 2 – This is what they won’t tell you
- Top 10 richest pastors in the world right now – #1 is a Nigerian! (With Pictures)
- Nigerian celebs who gave birth when they were young – See their children (With Photos)
- Complete list of Nigerian looters released by World Bank – See the amount of money they stole
- Top 10 countries with the highest rate of prostitution in the world 2015 – See which is number 1! (With Pictures)