Mikel wins: Super Eagles skipper, Mikel Obi, has finally grabbed his first victory since moving to the Chinese side, Tianjin TEDA, in January.
TEDA defeated Japanese J3 Ryukyu FC 5-2 in their penultimate test game on Wednesday.
The modest Chinese Super League (CSL) club have been on an appalling eight-game losing streak against Borussia Monchengladbach U23s, St. Pauli, Dinamo Bucure?ti, Dynamo Kiev, Gyeongnam FC, Busan, Ulsan Hyundai and Gyeongju Citizens.
The victory comes barely 24 hours after Mikel’s Eagles teammate, Brown Ideye, joined his captain at the club from Greek champions, Olympiacos.
News of Ideye’s arrival might have lifted the spirits of the team who have desperately been in the hunt for goals.
The ex-West Brom forward who grabbed 13 league goals prior to leaving Greece will definitely provide the much-needed firepower.
TEDA’s performance against Ryukyu will serve as a morale booster ahead of the start of the new CSL season.
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- TTT’s wife and kids pack out of their matrimonial home as trouble looms in their marriage
- 7 Nigerian billionaires that didn’t go to school – #5 was expelled from the University in his second year (With Pics)
- The crazy lifestyle of kids from billionaire parents in Nigeria – #5 is a show off (With Photos)
- The top 10 worst booty shots EVER! – This will leave you in stitches (With Photos)
- 15 times Katy Perry showed more than she should have – Don’t open if you’re fasting (With Pictures)
- 10 of the youngest children sentenced to death – #1 will leave you in a big shock! (With Pictures)
- Top 10 longest bridges in the world – You won’t believe where Lagos 3rd Mainland Bridge is (With Pictures)