CBN introduces new FX rates: The Central Bank of Nigeria on Monday introduced new Forex rates and would no longer trade the naira at N375 per dollar for invisibles, such as school fees, medical bills and travel allowances.
The regulator said Nigerians can now get the dollar at N360 across all commercial banks within the country.
“The CBN [is] to sell forex to banks at N357/$1, while banks will sell to their customers at N360/$1 for invisibles (BTA, medicals, fees, etc),” the apex bank said on Monday.
“CBN directs banks to post new rates in the banking halls of their branches immediately. CBN examiners to visit banks to ensure the new rates are implemented.
“CBN prohibits banks from selling forex funds meant for invisibles to BDCs”
CLICK HERE to join our BBM Channel for juicy updates & free giveaways
- Meet 10 silent Billionaires in Nigeria – These men control Nigeria’s economy (With Pictures)
- Top 8 Most stylish Kings in Nigeria – 2 of them use the most expensive Rolls Royce cars (With Photos)
- 5 Nigerian celebrities who secretly got married – #3 was even pregnant and no one knew (With Pics)
- 6 things you need to do now if you want to be a millionaire before 40 – #3 is very IMPORTANT
- 15 horrible facts Dubai does not want the world to know about – This will leave you in utter shock (With Pics)
- 12 things a girl does when she likes you already – If you notice #10, you got her bro!
- Meet the richest kids of all time who attended UNILAG – These guys spend like there’s no recession (With Photos)